Date posted: 26/04/2018
Purpose of the role
The ‘Library to You’ Home Library Service offers anyone who is unable get to a library, due to age, illness or disability, a personal library service, with volunteers delivering a range of books, audio books and information selected according to the customers own preferences. Customers using this service really value the social contact with our volunteers, providing access to our library service.
What tasks may be involved?
- Being matched with customers or routes and collecting items from the library to be delivered to their homes
- Taking time to talk to the customers, making sure they are receiving the books and information they need
- Returning items to the library and passing on information about the customers’ preferences in relation to the items borrowed
What qualities or skills would be useful?
- Have an interest in books, so that you can talk to the customers about their choice of reading
- Have good communication skills and an enjoyment of helping others
- Have access to transport. If you use a car, it must have a current MOT certificate and be serviced in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations. You should also notify your insurer that the vehicle is being used for volunteering purposes, but you should not require business insurance cover. Mileage expenses will be paid at standard NCC rates.
What would the benefits be for me?
- Supporting others in helping to choose and access a library service that would otherwise not be available to them
- Give something back to the community
- Meeting new people and being part of the LibraryPlus team
- Receiving a reference from the Library Manager
Times when the opportunity is taking place.
|Saturday|| || |
|Sunday|| || || |
DBS check required?
To find out more about the organisation, go to www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/brackleylibrary
Brackley Library, Manor Road, Brackley. NN13 6AJ.Apply now