What is the Northamptonshire Social Work Academy?
We are revolutionising the way we work within our Children Services and have launched the Northamptonshire Social Work Academy so that we can guide and steer our Social Workers through that crucial first year of practice. Only the most promising and passionate advocates of children and young people will be selected to take part in this year long intensive support and mentoring program.
What to expect from the Northamptonshire Social Work Academy
Let’s face it, being a Social Worker is not an easy environment to work in, therefore the Academy will provide guidance and support as you embark on a challenging and hugely rewarding career helping to support children and families. You will be equipped and highly trained to become the best possible Social Worker with a phased approach to the volume and complexity of your workload. You’ll have the support of a strong leadership and management team who will work with you to identify training and development opportunities.
What else to expect as a NQSW
- smaller caseloads – to help you settle into your role
- hands-on learning with high levels of support and mentoring
- extensive training and qualification opportunities
- strong mentors overseeing your development
- practice learning opportunities working closely with HR and HEIs
What we are looking for?
We want to create a Social Work Academy that we can be proud of, so to make this happen, we need brilliant workers who inspire and deliver change all around them. That's why we’re looking for talented, ambitious and passionate people like you to come and join us. You will need to be a Social Work graduate with the following attributes:
- a passion to improve the lives of children
- ambition and motivation
- you must be committed to continuously developing your social work practice
- have pre-qualified children’s social care work experience
- be degree qualified in social work
- be up to date with current legislation, policy and procedures around child protection
- able to work under pressure, excellent organisational ability
- have knowledge and understanding of using appropriate assessment tools and research
Who to contact
If you would like any further information about the Northamptonshire Social Work Academy, then please feel free to contact Maxine Clark, Service Manager on email@example.com or phone her on 01604 362022.