What documents can I print?
- The following file types will be accepted to be printed: Microsoft Office Documents Excel (.xls .xlsx), PowerPoint (.ppt .pptx .pps), Word (.doc .docx). Images (.jpeg .jpg .png .tiff .tif). PDF Documents (.pdf) and Rich Text Documents (.rtf).
- You are able to send multiple attachments within the same email, but the maximum size of the email cannot exceed 20MB in total.
- All print outs will be A4 in size.
- Please use
email@example.com to print your documents in black and white.
- Please use
firstname.lastname@example.org to print your documents in colour.
- You will not be able to send password protected documents.
- Job codes will only be valid for 36 hours.
- It can take up 15 minutes for your documents to be converted and ready to print once you receive your job code.
What does it cost to use the LibraryPlus public guest print facility?
- It is free to send your document as attachments to the above email address.
- To print your black and white document(s) it will cost £0.20 per A4 page/side. Prices are calculated by the email address (above) used.
- To print your colour document(s) it will cost £0.70 per A4 page/side. Prices are calculated by the email address (above) used.
Please note our public print facility does not do A3 printing.
All payments are made via the Coin box attached to the Canon printer. Online payments or payments via Smart cards or Smart Phones are not possible.
Who is involved in providing public guest printing in Northamptonshire Libraries?
The service is provided by Northamptonshire Libraries and available at any of our 36 libraries. Our partners LGSS IT have configured the service to allow public users to print to the MFDs in libraries and the software and hardware has been provided by our print solution supplier, Canon UK.
What personal Information will we hold?
None – we do not ask for any personal identifiable information from a user to facilitate public guest printing.
Do we share information with third parties?
We do not sell information to third parties and we do not provide information to third parties for the purposes of marketing products to you. Any information we are provided will be used by all parties mentioned above for management information reports and monitoring of the service.
Are emails deleted automatically or is this a manual task?
All emails sent to
email@example.com will be deleted by the System Administrator for Northamptonshire Libraries on a monthly basis from the two above mailboxes.
How long will the users' email be stored within the Canon Uniflow Server or by the email provider?
The email and associated attachment will be held by UniFlow for 36 hours. It will then be automatically deleted. If the email did not contain an attachment or the attachment was an invalid file type, it will be automatically deleted within 30 minutes of being received.
How secure is the information that the user sends to the public guest printing email address?
Email is an inherently unsecure technology. For this reason consumer industry advice is to never send any personal identifiable information via email. Such advice comes from the Information Commissioner’s Office and Which/Citizens Advice. Secure email technologies (encryption) do exist but typically only within organisations or between trusted organisations (such as the private internet link between different county councils meaning that all emails send between the two are in essences, 'secure'). As we are not in control of a customer’s email provider / ISP / PC / Laptop / Tablet / Smartphones, all emails from customers should be considered as 'insecure'.
If you would like further information on other services that Northamptonshire LibraryPlus offers, please visit
Or download our LibraryPlus app for either your Apple or Android device by visiting either:
- Google Play and downloading the LibraryPlus app for Android devices.
- iOS App Store and downloading the LibraryPlus app for Apple devices.
Then searching 'Northamptonshire Libraries'.