CarKraft is free of charge and is an award-winning road safety initiative designed to reduce the
number of people killed and seriously injured on Northamptonshire's roads.
The courses are tailored specifically to impart a dynamic mix of workshops and driving challenges, set within the inspirational British Grand Prix venue and the home of British Motor Racing - Silverstone Race Circuit and Rockingham Motor Speedway. The CarKraft tutors represent some of the most highly qualified motoring professionals, offering many years experience in both motor racing and advanced driving techniques.
Who is CarKraft for?
Originally designed for young drivers aged between 17 to 24 years of age and pre drivers, it has become so successful that since 2012 CarKraft has evolved and expanded to include licence holders up to 30 years of age and non-drivers aged 15.
Part classroom based and part practical, participants experience first hand the perils of adverse road conditions by driving on Porsche's state of the art purpose built test facility or the purpose built Rockingham Wetgrip Area.
Find out more about CarKraft.
Non drivers aged 15 years +
Book a place on the non-drivers course
- Your first driving lesson with a qualified driving instructor
- Starting Off Workshop - find out what it takes to get your driving licence, how to find a qualified driving instructor and how to stay safe on the roads
Qualified drivers aged 17 to 30 years
Book a place on the qualified drivers course
- On-road assessment with an advanced driver in cars provided by Renault UK
- A safer driving workshop - an interactive session looking at staying safe on the roads
- Skid control - learn how to control a car in varying road and weather conditions on the state of the art Porsche ice hill and kick plate or the purpose built Rockingham Wetgrip Area
If there are any spare places on the drivers sessions they will be released to anyone around two weeks prior to the events.
How much does it cost?
The CarKraft courses are free of charge.