Northants Dance is looking for local dance groups who would like to perform at The Run’10 on Sunday 3rd October.
Dancing can be just as good for people’s health as running. According to the British Heart Foundation a 30 minute dance can burn just as many calories as a 30 minute run and therefore can be just as beneficial in combating heart disease, diabetes and certain forms of cancer.
Northants Dance is looking for a range of dance styles and performances to create a varied programme for the morning. Performers can be any age, from children to adults, and from any dance background. Performances will take place outdoors on stage in the in the Market Square, Northampton between 10:00am to 12:30pm.
There will also be two fantastic FREE Dance workshops taking place during the morning for all the family. Between 10:30am and 11:00am there will be street dance, and between 11:30am and 12:00 noon the theme will be Bollywood. Everyone is welcome to come along and watch the performances and take part in the workshops.
One of the event organisers, Chris Holmes of Northamptonshire Sport, said “With the entertainment planned along the course which includes music, cheerleaders, art and dance we not only want to lift the spirit of the runners as they start to get tired, but also provide entertainment for the spectators as they line the route. The Market Square will provide an excellent focus point for spectators as they will be able to watch and take part in dance activities whilst cheering on the runners as they pass by”.
If you would like to be involved as a performer or have a group that might like to perform on 3rd October please contact Lucy Knight, Northants Dance on 01604 233122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. Application deadline is Friday 10th September.
Northants Dance is the Dance Development Agency for Northamptonshire, the voice for dance in Northamptonshire. They deliver an innovative programme of work across the county working within three main areas: Youth Dance, Professional Development, and Health. They work in partnership with key organisations across the region in order to promote, advocate and develop dance activity.
The Run Organisers
‘The Run 10 – Northamptonshire’ organisers are;
- Northamptonshire Sport (County Sports Partnership)
- NHS Northants (formerly Northamptonshire PCT
- Northamptonshire Enterprise Limited
- Northamptonshire County Council
- Northampton Borough Council
Details of ‘The Run 10 – Northamptonshire’
- Description - Mass participation run for people of all abilities
- Date - Sunday 3rd October 2010 (9:30 a.m. start)
- Event HQ - Sixfields Stadium, Northampton
- Distances - 10km and 5km routes, Children’s Races
- Entries - Individual, Children, Corporate
- Route - A circular route heading into and around the town centre, passing iconic town sites such as the Express Lifts Tower, Saints RFC, All Saints Church, Market Square, Athletics Track finish. To include a ‘Cultural Show of Northamptonshire’, showcasing the history, heritage and cultural richness of the county.
- Charity - Headline national and local charity partners - Macmillan Cancer Support, Northamptonshire Community Foundation, Northamptonshire and Warwickshire Air Ambulance
- Fees - Affordable and not restrictive (circa £10 pp)