Northamptonshire County Council is introducing a number of new stops to its mobile library service in response to customer feedback.
Some locations will also see longer stops due to increased demand, while a small number of stops have been removed from the timetable because of poor customer numbers.
Where are the new stops?
The new stops being introduced are:
- Busy Bees Nursery, Kettering
- Windermere Day Nursery, Kettering
- Rushden Day Nursery
- Busy Bees Day Nursery, Wellingborough
- Busy Bees Day Nursery, Corby
- Avon Fields, Welford
Cllr Robin Brown, cabinet member for public health and wellbeing, said: “Our mobile library service provides a vital lifeline for people who love to read but can find it difficult to get to their local library.
“We welcome feedback from users of our mobile libraries and we take those comments into account as part of our annual review of routes and timetables.
“These new and extended stops reflect the changing needs of our borrowers and will ensure that we continue to deliver a valuable and effective service across Northamptonshire.”
Stops removed due to lack of demand
The stops being removed from the timetable due to lack of demand are:
- Telford Lodge pub, Kettering
- Trading Post pub, Kettering
- The Sundew (Harvester) pub, Kettering
- Needle & Awl pub, Rushden
- Fayre & Square pub, Northampton
- The Priory pub, Wellingborough
- Windmill Road/Victoria Street, Irthlingborough
- Parsons Meade Community Centre, Camp Hill
- Bugbrooke Road, Kislingbury
Find out more
The new routes came into effect on 1st August and customers can view the timetable in full by visiting our Library From Home webpages. Some existing stops may be affected in terms of duration and route number as a result of these changes.
Customers are being informed of the changes by our two mobile library drivers, and parish councils are also being notified of the new routes.
Customers can provide their comments on the service at any time through the mobile library drivers or library staff, or by calling our customer service centre on 0300 126 1000.