Residents are being invited to public meetings across the county as part of a consultation about proposals to changes to Children’s Centres venues.
Recent changes to how children’s centre services are delivered mean that new providers are spending more time with families in their homes and increasing the number of local venues used.
Children’s Centre buildings are not needed to the same extent as before so the county council is consulting about proposals to reduce the opening hours in some Children’s Centre buildings and in five cases, to change the venue to a more suitable location.
The meetings take place at:
- 10am, Monday 17 November at the Pemberton Centre in Rushden
- 5pm, Monday 17th November at Ise Valley Pavilion Community Centre in Kettering
- 1pm, Tuesday 18 November at Towcester Children’s Centre in Towcester
- 4pm, Tuesday 18 November at Brackley Leisure Centre in Brackley
- 2pm, Wednesday 19 November at Duston Community Centre in Northampton
- 1pm, Thursday 20 November at Croyland Children’s Centre in Wellingborough
- 6pm, Wednesday 26 November at Brixworth Primary School in Brixworth
- 6pm, Wednesday 26 November at Long Buckby Children’s Centre in Long Buckby Community Centre
- 10am, Thursday 27 November at Blackthorn Community Centre in Northampton
- 5.30pm, Friday 28th November at the Thrapston Plaza in Thrapston
People can also take part in the consultation by:
Details of the proposals are available on our consultation register.
The consultation will run until Friday 19 December 2014. Feedback will be reported to the county council’s cabinet in February 2015. If approved, the changes will take effect from April 2015.