The Northamptonshire Youth Ambition Awards 2016 are still open for entries – and this year there are cash prizes to be won!
The annual awards are organised by Northamptonshire County Council to showcase some of the incredible achievements of young unsung heroes across Northamptonshire.
This year there are prizes for the winners of our five categories – plus a further prize for the winner of our Special Recognition Award for a finalist who didn’t win in their category but who deserves to be recognised.
The six categories are:
- Young Apprentice of the Year Award – sponsored by CDS
- Young Role Model of the Year Award – sponsored by Centurion Training Solutions Ltd
- Project or Campaign of the Year Award – sponsored by Canon
- The Taking Charge of Your Life Award – sponsored by Prospects Services
- The Arts Award – sponsored by RJDM Studios
- The Special Recognition Award – sponsored by Galliford Try
Also supporting the Youth Ambition Awards are Guidant Group and CIPD who have provided the prize fund for this year’s awards.
The awards are open to young people aged 11 and above, and winners will be announced at a special ceremony on Wednesday 29th June at Wicksteed Park Pavilion.
County council cabinet member for children’s services Cllr Matthew Golby, who will be presenting the awards, said: “I’m very much looking forward to reading the stories of the young people who are put forward for one of our Youth Ambition Awards.
“In previous years, the achievements of the young people nominated have been truly heart-warming and I’m certain that this year will be no different.
“I’d encourage anyone who knows a young unsung hero who deserves recognition to submit a nomination now!”
The deadline for nominations is Tuesday 7 June. Full details about the award categories and how to nominate can be found on the Youth Ambition Awards website.