Members of the public are being invited to meet the government appointed commissioners overseeing finance and governance at Northamptonshire County Council at a series of surgery-style events taking place across the county.
The drop-in events will be held at district, borough and county council premises throughout the county over the next eight weeks and people can attend for individual fifteen minute sessions with both lead commissioner Tony McArdle and commissioner for finance Brian Roberts.
The commissioners have said they felt it important people had a chance to come and speak with them directly about any concerns and opinions they had regarding the situation at the council.
In an open editorial printed in local media and online they said:
"Over the next couple of months, quite separately to the council's legal responsibility for consulting on the draft budget proposed, we thought it right to make ourselves available to you to discuss your concerns.
"It is our intention to spend time hosting drop-in sessions for you as individual council taxpayers and residents to come and have a chat."
The dates and times for each session are outlined below:
- Wednesday 23 January, 7pm to 9.30pm. Borough Council of Wellingborough, Swanspool House, Wellingborough
- Wednesday 30 January, 3pm to 6pm. South Northamptonshire District Council, Moat Lane, Towcester
- Wednesday 6 February, 4pm to 7pm. Corby Borough Council, The Corby Cube, George Street, Corby
- Wednesday 13 February, 2pm to 5pm. Pemberton Centre, HE Bates Way, Rushden
- Wednesday 20 February, 2.30pm to 5.30pm. Northampton Borough Council, Guildhall, Northampton
- Wednesday 27 February, 7pm to 9pm. Northamptonshire County Council, One Angel Square, Angel Street, Northampton
- Thursday 28 February, 10am to 12.30pm. Daventry District Council, Lodge Road, Daventry
- Thursday 7 March, 10am to 12.30pm. Kettering Borough Council, Municipal Offices, Bowling Green Road, Kettering