The acting leader of Northamptonshire County Council has unveiled his new Cabinet team.
Cllr Matthew Golby, who was elected as Conservative group leader on Saturday, is expected to be voted as council leader at an extraordinary full council meeting on April 12th.
His new Cabinet team includes some new faces one the front bench. The full details are:
- Deputy leader and cabinet member for public health – Cllr Cecile Irving-Swift
- Cabinet member for finance – Cllr Michael Clarke
- Cabinet member for children, families and education – Cllr Victoria Perry
- Cabinet member for adult social care – Cllr Elizabeth Bowen
- Cabinet member for performance, transformation and local government reform – Cllr Andrew Mercer
- Cabinet member for transport, highways, environment and public protection – Cllr Ian Morris
Cllr Golby said: “As we await the decision from the Secretary of State following the publication of the Best Value Inspection report, I felt it was important to appoint a new Cabinet team as we move into a new period of transformation at Northamptonshire County Council.
“This is a team which combines some experienced Cabinet members with some new talent from within the Conservative group and I look forward to them all starting work in their new areas with immediate effect