A new cabinet has been announced by Northamptonshire County Council to lead the authority through the transformation of public services that are fit for the future.
The reshuffle enables cabinet members to lead on key projects for local government reform in preparation for the two new unitary councils in the county.
Cllr Matt Golby will continue to lead the council, while deputy leader Cllr Lizzy Bowen will focus on LGSS, portfolio transformation, legal and democratic services.
A new cabinet role responsible for corporate services will be undertaken by Cllr Sandra Naden-Horley including customer services, emergency planning and country parks.
County council leader, Cllr Matt Golby said:
"I'm delighted to announce my new cabinet team at this crucial time for the council and the county.
"Local government reform and strengthening services that are fit for the future represent key areas of work for us going forward.
"I'm confident that these appointments will together lead to more efficient ways of working and deliver better value for money for taxpayers."
The full cabinet will be as follows:
- Cllr Matt Golby – Leader of the council
- Cllr Lizzy Bowen – Deputy Leader
- Cllr Sandra Naden-Horley – Cabinet member for corporate services
- Cllr Ian Morris – Cabinet member for adult social care and public health
- Cllr Fiona Baker – Cabinet member for children, families and education
- Cllr Jason Smithers – Cabinet member for highways and place
- Cllr Malcolm Longley – Cabinet member for finance